1 hr 30 mins
This is actually a whole meal in a pan, since this cornbread is loaded with meat, black-eyed peas, corn and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles.
- 3Stir together cornmeal, flour, soda and chili powder in a large bowl.
- 4Add eggs, buttermilk and oil, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Stir in meat mixture, black-eyed peas and remaining ingredients.
- 6Pour into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- 7Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.2
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.6 mg
- Sodium 1314.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 27.0 g