Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy substitute for potatoes, side dish or my family liked it so much I think we could make it a meal. I mixed all ingredients together in the baking dish and skipped the extra dishes and I left out the mushrooms and decreased the amount of chives but when I entered the recipe I entered it just as I found it on facebook. My family is still raving about this dish.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large pot boil water and cook cauliflower for 8-10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayonaise, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3 TBS chives, 1 cup cheese, mushrooms and caulflower, mix well.
- Place mixture in baking dish and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with remaining chives and serve.
5 stars for a great idea but the recipe needed tweaking. I thinned the mixture with a splash of half & half, added salt and pepper, and topped it with crushed Ritz crackers mixed with melted butter and parsley. NOW it's delicious.
I selected this recipe as I have seen it doing the circuit on Facebook. I substituted Broccoli instead of Cauliflower, onion instead of chives and it was delicious.