Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
You need to work fast when shaping the balls so gather up a few more hands to help can use mini M&M's chocolate candies in place of the candy corn --- if desired wrap each ball in pieces of colored plastic wrap
- 50 large marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 20 cups fresh popped popcorn (salted or unsalted)
- 2 cups Teddy Grahams chocolate graham snacks
- 2 1⁄4 cups candy corn (can use a little more if desired)
- In a large bowl combine the popcorn with mini graham cookies.
- In a large pot combine the marshmallows and margarine or butter; cook stirring over medium-low heat until melted and combined, then remove from heat.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn; toss to coat.
- Add/mix in the candy corn.
- Working as quickly as possible and using lightly greased hands shape into 20 even balls (about 3-inches wide) pressing together firmly when shaping.
- Place onto greased waxed paper to cool completely.
- Wrap each ball in plain or colored plastic wrap.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days (these are so good that they won't even last that long lol!).
These worked out perfectly. I also mixed in a roasting pan. I sprayed it and my spoon and finally all the little helper hands with cooking spray. We had five kids and one adult working with these and were done in about 3 minutes. You really need to press them into the shape of the ball or they'll fall apart. Fun and yummy. Thanks!
These were easy and fun - the teddy grahams were what caught my attention. I used a roasting pan for mixing - make sure you have something large! Like Kit says, it does set up quickly, but just keep some butter/margarine close by to keep your hands greased while you're working with the mixture and you'll be fine. I got about 30 out of the recipe. (I made popcorn balls that fit comfortably in a cupped adult-sized hand) Thanks for posting!
I LOVE these and for some reason never thought to write a review.<br/>These are completely awesome. I have made them every Halloween since 2010 or 09. Never will stop making these. Only adjustment i ever made was less candy corn or more marshmallow only because my family doesnt care for that candy and i LOVE gooey marshmallow. I find it so funny when I see popcorn balls in Rite aid. So plain and nothing loaded. I would never buy those. These are it.<br/><br/>I appreciate this recipe so much and I am going to continue making these every year for the rest of my life!