Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
The perfect snack for a party, or just make it whenever you want some delicious comfort food that isn't extremely unhealthy. From howsweateats.com
- 3 lbs potatoes, unpeeled & cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup hot sauce (Buffalo sauce, like Frank's)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place cut potatoes in a large stock pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and once bubbling, only boil for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes very well.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder; gently toss to evenly coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet in one layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, then flip and roast for 25-30 minutes more. The potatoes are done when they're deeply golden and crunchy on the outside.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat buffalo wing sauce and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until combined.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and switch on your broiler to the highest setting. Drizzle wing sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle both cheeses evenly over top. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove immediately and sprinkle with green onions and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Yummmmy.....fun and decadent. I had to substitute Lighthouse blue cheese dressing for the crumbles, but that worked great. The only change I'll make next time would be to skip salting the potatoes, everything else was perfect. Thanks for posting the recipe.
All the flavors of buffalo wings, but without the meat! Much enjoyed. Thanks!