Recipe by Me'Shell
I wanted something that would be filling for breakfast at work one day, here is what I came up with.
- 1 (1 ounce) packet quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons canned mushroom pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onion in a small nonstick skillet until tender.
- pour egg beaters in skillet with onion and scramble.
- place mushrooms and ham in skillet also to heat through.
- make packet of grits as instructed in the microwave.
- sump mixture from skillet on top of grits in bowl.
- top with cheese and stir to melt.
- sprinkle eith salt and pepper if desired and ENJOY!