1 hr 20 mins
I have yet to try this. It looks like a phenomenal pot luck or summer side dish. From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (22 ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 cups shredded barbecued pork (I would use the grocery store container type, or from the deli) or 3 cups barbecued beef (I would use the grocery store container type, or from the deli)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 2Stir together reserved bacon drippings, potatoes, next 5 ingredients, and 2 cups cheddar cheese in a large microwave safe bowl. MIcrowave on HIGH 4 minutes. Stir in sour cream and chiles until well blended.
- 3Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 13X9" baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese. Arrange pork evenly over cheese. Drizzle barbecue sauce evenly over pork.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes., Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Barbecue Baked Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.4
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 1068.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: