This recipe has all the addins I think you could possibly want. The coconut adds a wonderful crunch and makes this a very enjoyable bread. From the 5/9/00 publication of Family Circle magazine.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup banana, ripe and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x5x3 inch or similar sized loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt into bowl.
- In a larger bowl beat eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil. Add buttermilk, ripe bananas, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture in slowly and continue to combine.
- Fold in coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips. Transfer to baking pan.
- Bake in oven for about an hour, or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Then, if desired, turn loaf out onto rack and let cool completely.