Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was originally a recipe for hashbrown casserole I received at church. I made it so many times, that I forgot some of the ingredients and added some of my own. My husband and his brothers would rather have this than anything else I fix in the wintertime. THIS IS TRULY THE PERFECT COMFORT FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- Cut each tater tot in half.
- In large mixing bowl, combine tots, soup, onion, bacon, and 1 cup cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spread in a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Cover with remaining cup cheese, then cornflakes, then pour butter evenly over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
I added ground beef, and used tortilla chips instead of corn flakes. I enjoyed it, but I have to agree, it was a little greasy. I think next time I'll skip the added butter on top. But it's still a recipe I would make again. Thanks for sharing.
This was really good and budget friendly. I added sour cream like someone said and it turned out great!!! THANKS
i guess these just weren't for us :( we have these ingredients on hand so we like them however all i could taste was the bacon bits and i had wished i just made the tots regular-sorry!!