Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a heavenly addition to any meal. I usually serve it with steak or any kind of pork. Would also be good as an alternative to candied yams for the holidays.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups marshmallow cream
- Wash the sweet potatoes and puncture with a fork then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- When the potatoes are almost done, melt butter and mix with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove potatoes from oven and change oven temp to broil.
- Unwrap potatoes leaving the foil under them to catch any drippings.
- Slice potatoes down the middle and spoon butter mixture evenly into all 5 potatoes.
- Top each potato with 1/4 cup marshmallow cream.
- Place pan in broiler and broil for 1-3 minutes. (watch closely because they can burn easily if forgotten).
I LOVE this recipe. I had it for the first time at a restaurant (I don't remember which, I was really young) and haven't had it since. This is EXACTLY what I remember, thank you so much for posting!!