Recipe by GlutenFreeGirl
This soup is so easy to make and yet so delicious. You can very easily whip up a bowl for lunch or dinner when you are in a big hurry. Leftovers of this soup reheat beautifully for lunch or dinner the next day. Just save some of the toppings for sprinkling or spooning on the next day. I really love this soup. As a celiac I often eat soup for lunch. This is one of my favourite soups. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
Top Review by little_Leanne
The ingredients were great together. I must say I didn't completely follow your directions. I ended up peeling and dicing the potatoes, and then boiling them in the chicken broth. I then scooped about 1/2 of the potatoes out and blended them with milk, added them back in with the broth and then continued as normal, but it was delicious! Tasted better the next day.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 (284 ml) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices already cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes; microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, turning over after 2 1/2 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in chunks. Combine potatoes, broth and milk in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Slightly crush potatoes with a potato masher.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons each of bacon and cheese and 1 tablespoon of the onions for topping; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese and onion to soup.
- Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions, and sour cream.