This soup is so easy to make and yet so delicious. You can very easily whip up a bowl for lunch or dinner when you are in a big hurry. Leftovers of this soup reheat beautifully for lunch or dinner the next day. Just save some of the toppings for sprinkling or spooning on the next day. I really love this soup. As a celiac I often eat soup for lunch. This is one of my favourite soups. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
- Pierce potatoes; microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, turning over after 2 1/2 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in chunks. Combine potatoes, broth and milk in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Slightly crush potatoes with a potato masher.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons each of bacon and cheese and 1 tablespoon of the onions for topping; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese and onion to soup.
- Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions, and sour cream.
The ingredients were great together. I must say I didn't completely follow your directions. I ended up peeling and dicing the potatoes, and then boiling them in the chicken broth. I then scooped about 1/2 of the potatoes out and blended them with milk, added them back in with the broth and then continued as normal, but it was delicious! Tasted better the next day.
I found this while looking for gluten free recipies for my sister who was just diagnosed with celiacs. It looked so good I made it for my husband and 3 yr old daughter. We loved it!!! Three weeks later my daughter was thinking of what she wanted to eat and after thinking a few min. asked for "play dough" soup. I asked her if she meant potato soup and she said yes. We have since renamed it play dough soup for something fun. It is one of a few recipes that she digs into and eats till it is gone!! Thanks so much for this GlutenFreeGirl. It is the best!!!
I LOVE this recipe. I have always loved potato soup and have always made it with carrots, onion, celery and ham. I made this recipe and found it to be a delightful change of pace. The second time I made it I included a slice of ham cut into small pieces. Awesome. I now make it at least once a week. So easy to take to work as it does heat up beautifully! THANK YOU!