This soup is so easy to make and yet so delicious. You can very easily whip up a bowl for lunch or dinner when you are in a big hurry. Leftovers of this soup reheat beautifully for lunch or dinner the next day. Just save some of the toppings for sprinkling or spooning on the next day. I really love this soup. As a celiac I often eat soup for lunch. This is one of my favourite soups. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
- Pierce potatoes; microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, turning over after 2 1/2 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in chunks. Combine potatoes, broth and milk in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Slightly crush potatoes with a potato masher.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons each of bacon and cheese and 1 tablespoon of the onions for topping; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese and onion to soup.
- Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions, and sour cream.