Recipe by AngiR
Here is a new crock pot recipe that I just tried.....turned out SOOO good and took SO little effort. I LOVE being able to have the entire mess cleaned up way before supper! My hubby liked this one a LOT....better than my old recipe!
Top Review by Taylor's Mommy
This is a great recipe!! Very simple and versatile. I added some leftover mashed potatoes (since I had to get rid of them:) and so I didn't add the milk/cream since it helped make it creamy. I prepped it all the night before so it was super easy! Thanks for a yummy and easy dish...perfect for weeknight craziness around our house!
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- cheese, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine baking potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, butter, salt and pepper in a large crockpot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potatoes should be tender).
- Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream, cheddar cheese and chives.
- Top with sour cream (if using); sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.