Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Another recipe I got out of the local paper from this week. I can't wait to try it. Guessing on serving sizes.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced (or 6 cans sliced potatoes)
- 1 cup onions, chopped or 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup bacon bits, real bacon
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- Combine potatoes, onion, soups, parsley, salt and pepper in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on high 3 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together flour and powdered milk; stir into cooker. (Diced ham can be added.).
- Cover; cook 30 minutes until hot.
- Sprinkle each serving with bacon and cheese.
This dish would be good as a side dish, or as an alternative for mashed potatoes. It was not suitable as a soup, and I had to add ingredients to make it more moist and liquified. Where is the liquid needed to make this a soup?
it came out more like mashed potatos than soup... i will make it again and add water to make it more soupy and add the potatos after the soup gets all hot... it still tasted good but not like soup..thanks for the recipe
No stars yet as I am going to need to try and convert this recipe to be able to make in Morocco, minus the bacon bits and canned soups. I will make it the original way, then the converted way and will post the review of both listing the changes. I am really hunting down recipes that I can make using my crockpot for when back in Morocco with available ingredients there.