Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This soup tastes just like the baked potato soup they serve at Bob Evans. It goes great with a salad and some buttermilk biscuits. I use 2 packages of Oscar Mayer microwaveable bacon instead of frying regular bacon and it is just as good.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1656.13 ml milk (whole milk works best)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 226.79 g fried bacon, crumbled
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1. Bake potatoes in oven until done; let cool. Peel and cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
- 2. In a large pot on medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until blended.
- 3. Increase heat to medium-high, slowly adding milk until mixture is almost to a boil.
- 4. Add potatoes, green onions and bacon.
- 5. Stir in cheese and sour cream.
- 6. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Heat until cheese is melted; serve.
This turned out super delish ~ I omitted the flour and added some Velveeta Queso Blanco that made it really creamy and thick. Thank you for the recipe.