- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes (baked and cubed)
- 4 green onions
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy dutch oven, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, heat until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until thickened.
- Add potatoes and onions, bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add bacon cheese, sour cream and seasonings
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- If you like you can add bacon, sour cream and green onions as a topping.