Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really good on a cold winter evening with a piece of warm crusty bread.
Make and share this Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Fry in a large skillet until crispy. Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel.
- Cook potatoes in bacon grease until browned. Remove from skillet then add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft. Remove from skillet and set aside with the potatoes.
- In a large stock pot bring chicken stock to a boil. Whisk in flour until no lumps remain. Bring back to a boil then turn heat down to maintain a simmer.
- Add Velveeta, water and evaporated milk. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add potatoes, onion and garlic to soup. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with bacon and chives.
Bacon and too much Velvetta, tasted like a salt bomb. My family tossed theirs.