Really good on a cold winter evening with a piece of warm crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into small pieces. Fry in a large skillet until crispy. Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel.
- 2Cook potatoes in bacon grease until browned. Remove from skillet then add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft. Remove from skillet and set aside with the potatoes.
- 3In a large stock pot bring chicken stock to a boil. Whisk in flour until no lumps remain. Bring back to a boil then turn heat down to maintain a simmer.
- 4Add Velveeta, water and evaporated milk. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 5Add potatoes, onion and garlic to soup. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Serve in a bowl garnished with bacon and chives.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 711.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: