Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Baked potato soup at its best, top with whatever you like! Every bowl can be different from the last.
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
- I made stock during the day in the crock pot (onion, garlic, leek, carrots, celery, thyme, parsley, peppercorns and bay leaf + water), you can use ready-made stock if you prefer.
- While I was making bread this afternoon, I baked a few medium potatoes at 400* for 1 hour, then let them cool. Once cool, I chopped into thick chunks (you may remove skins if you like).
- On low, for about 12 minutes, cook the onion, garlic, & parsley in the butter. (wait until onion is soft)~ add potatoes, salt, and greens if using, then add stock. Bring to a boil. Simmer 15m or longer. May mash potatoes (mash! Do not blend!) or leave chunked. Just before serving, add milk. (if you prefer you can use all milk, instead of broth).
- Serve topped with grated cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, etc. Top the soup however you like your potato topped. If you really want bacon in there, you can fry up real bacon until crisp, then crumble. (imitation stuff gets mushy, I bet the real stuff would not).