Recipe by Jen's Kitchen
Received from a friend.
Top Review by Adylure
This was incredible! Admittedly, I didn't put any celery in, and I completely forgot about the bacon. ...And I put in too many potatoes, carrots, and green onions. ...And I may not have had two whole cups of chicken broth... But this was the best potato soup I've ever had. Super delicious. Like, lick the bottom of the pot delicious. I can't wait to try this again!
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 green onions, trimmed, sliced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 0 medium carrot, grated
- 9.85 ml distilled white vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml milk, mixed with
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2-6 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk milk/flour mixture into saucepan; stir in cheese and bacon.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5-8 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.