Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is a great way to use up leftover baked potatoes.
Make and share this Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake in a 400° oven for 1 our or until tender when pierced. Peel when cool enough to handle; dice into small cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. Stir in onions; cover and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Add 2/3 of the potatoes and mash. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining potatoes to soup and stir gently to reheat. Ladle into serving bowls, top with sour cream and sprinkle with toppings.
This was delicious and went together quickly. I had leftover baked potato, from making baked potato skin appetizers, and this was the perfect way to use them up! I used fat free half and half because I had some of that I wanted to get rid of as well. It was creamy and delicious! Thanks for sharing this "perfect for a cold night" soup recipe!