Recipe by Soup Fly *
This is a combination of two things my husband loves to order when we go out - loaded baked potatoes and broccoli & cheese soup. He took one bite of this and said, "What IS this good stuff?" Success!
Top Review by *Parsley*
I agree with your husband; this is a great soup! It's thick, cheesey and tasty. I used fresh broccoli and chopped it very small. I put the white parts of the chopped green onions right into the soup and used the green parts for garnish. The toddlers who are home loved it! This is a keeper. Thanx for sharing!
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, cube style
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 10 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- crumbled bacon, to garnish
- sour cream, to garnish
- chopped green onion, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, broccoli, broth, and water in large pot.
- Heat to a boil, then cover and lower temperature to low-med.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add milk, cheese and pepper to pot and stir frequently until cheese is completely melted.
- Transfer soup to individual bowls for serving.
- Spoon a dollop of sour cream in the center of each bowl.
- Top with bacon and onion.