1/1 Photo of Loaded Baked Potato-Skins Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I did this first to see how the kids would like it. This is, to me, a Potato Skin/Baked Potato recipe combined. There are so many ways to do this but I decided to make this one basic & simple to start with. You can always add different items, such as broccoli or chili or stuff like that. I made it into a casserole so it can feed more people. Great for large family gatherings or events.
My Private Note
10x14 d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1.5 (20 ounce) bags Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 7 green onion stems (use white only)
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chives
- salt (to taste) or pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Butter bottom & sides of casserole dish.
- 2Press Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns along the bottom of the casserole dish, lightly salt & pepper potatoes.
- 3Sprinkle Cheddar Cheese and Bacon all over the shredded hash browns (do not mix). Use spray butter & lightly spray entire ingredients. Bake in oven at 350* for 15 minutes, then broil for the last 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Remove from oven, let cool to the touch. While still warm, spread sour cream over entire ingredients, covering completely. Sprinkle with Cilantro and Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt & Pepper to taste. Next add roughly chopped Red Bell Peppers and Green Onions. Once covered with those ingredients, use Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion and layer covering entire ingredients. Lightly spray-butter potatoes. Then sprinkle lightly over diced potatoes with the remaining bacon, cheddar cheese & chives.
- 5Bake approximately 40-45 minutes and cheese turns a golden brown.
- 6Side Note: After plated, serve with a light dollop of Sour Cream to top it off and if wanted -- a sprinkle or two of any of the following: Chives, Green Onions, Paprika, Parsley or whatever makes it look pretty to you. :).
- 7*Prep time includes the pre-baking of bottom layer to crust it. Cook time is to fully cook the potatoes through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Baked Potato-Skins Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.4
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 398.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion