Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Rachel Ray recipe that is SINFULLY delicious. This makes a LOT of potato salad, great for block parties or pot lucks. Enjoy.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Pierce potatoes with fork, brush with oil. Bake one hour or until tender. Let cool, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, drain.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions and cheese. Serve at room temperature.
I made this for a potluck and everyone loved it! The only thing I changed was that I did not put oil on the potatoes before baking.
I just found this recipe in Rachael's most recent magazine and was checking here for it. I notice that Rachael's recipe calls for ONE POUND of cheese, rather than the one ounce listed in this recipe (could that be a typo?). I halved the recipe for my family of four, and I also plan to REHEAT the leftovers, as I think that would be mighty tasty, too! I left out the onions for this first go-round (as I have an onion-hating son), but will add them to the leftover version. As Rachael would say, "YumO!"