This is a dish my family and friends ask me to bring to potluck/cook-outs! NEVER any left to bring home! (my sister brings a bowl to take what MIGHT be left) Taste great hot out of the oven or "room temperature"
- Cube and boil potatoes with salt.
- Crumble bacon and slice onions (including tops).
- Combine sour cream, pepper and Miracle Whip.
- Add to potatoes.
- Add bacon, onions and cheese (reserve some of each for top).
- Mix with potatoes.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with reserved cheese, onions, and bacon.
- Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes (until cheese melts).
I wasn't real sure what to do about this one. I have the exact same recipe with one difference. So, I have decided not to post mine. Here is my difference - I don't bake mine. I mix it up and serve it cold, the ingredients are all the same. It is my husband's favorite potato salad. So either way - it works. Bake it if you have time or try it my way and just serve it cold.
I thought that this was by far the best potato salad I have ever tried. I added mushrooms and some hot pepper too. It was great! Oh ya, I tried it hot and cold, and the hot was better . . . but it was still damn good cold :).
This was so good! I cut the recipe in half as there are only 2 of us and it still made enough for about 5 hungry people as a side dish. I had no problems with this recipe, it's perfect!