Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a dish my family and friends ask me to bring to potluck/cook-outs! NEVER any left to bring home! (my sister brings a bowl to take what MIGHT be left) Taste great hot out of the oven or "room temperature"
- 8 potatoes, cubed (half peeled or half with skin)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 slices bacon, diced & crisp cooked
- 6 green onions
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cube and boil potatoes with salt.
- Crumble bacon and slice onions (including tops).
- Combine sour cream, pepper and Miracle Whip.
- Add to potatoes.
- Add bacon, onions and cheese (reserve some of each for top).
- Mix with potatoes.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with reserved cheese, onions, and bacon.
- Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes (until cheese melts).
I wasn't real sure what to do about this one. I have the exact same recipe with one difference. So, I have decided not to post mine. Here is my difference - I don't bake mine. I mix it up and serve it cold, the ingredients are all the same. It is my husband's favorite potato salad. So either way - it works. Bake it if you have time or try it my way and just serve it cold.
I thought that this was by far the best potato salad I have ever tried. I added mushrooms and some hot pepper too. It was great! Oh ya, I tried it hot and cold, and the hot was better . . . but it was still damn good cold :).
I made this as my contribution to a Father's Day cookout at a friend's house. There were eight really happy dads that loved this salad - went perfect with steak on the grill! I increased the bacon to 10 slices, and used Miracle Whip as stated, which I thought complimented the other ingredients perfectly. Not so sure mayo would have had enough flavor. THANK YOU!
UPDATED TO ADD: I've had to make this so many times now for cookouts, I've got the quantity of ingredients to use down pat :) For a disposable 13x9" foil pan, I use a 5lbs bag of red potatoes (unpeeled), 15 slices pre-cooked bacon, and all other ingedients are multiplied by 1.5. I bake it for 10 minutes, and the consistency is just perfect once cooled, and I serve at room temperature.