Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great for game day. Popcorn is mixed with potato chips and seasoned with baked potato topping flavors. From "Everyday with Rachael Ray" magazine.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups potato chips (4oz)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Spread popcorn and potato chips out on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter and combine with onion powder, sugar, garlic powder, and salt.
- Drizzle mixture over popcorn and potato chips.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chives.
- Use a spatula to toss mixture.
Very enjoyable, though it didn't really taste like a baked potato (and I missed the "sour cream" element). I broke up the chips (they were Kettle Bakes and quite crispy, so would have been hard to eat whole). I loved the gouda in it, I think that really made it.
Mmmmm. Made for tomorrow's New Year's Eve party! Wonderful, I would never have thought it would taste so close to a baked potato. Very interesting. I'm sure it'll go over very well with the guests, if any is left by then that is! ****UPDATE**** I am so disappointed that the snack didn't hold up well over night. I stored it in an airtight container but it was still all stale when I went to serve it at noon. This is a recipe that needs to be made immediately before you want to serve it. I can guarantee it is wonderful, but its an eat right away thing, I ended up having to throw a big bucket of it away, which was really painful because I was trying so hard the night before not to it any.