Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy and Easy
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large bowl mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.
- Add potatoes to bowl and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer and another bowl, drain the potatoes. Collect all remaining sauce in one bowl and set aside.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes evenly in baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon and set aside to drain.
- Using the bacon grease, brown the chicken cubes and add them to the remaining sauce. Coat the chicken cubes evenly in the sauce.
- Once potatoes are done, spread the chicken on top. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon, grate the cheese, and chop the green onions.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, and half of the green onions and bake for 3 - 5 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Add fresh green onions before serving.
It would have been very tasty if the potatoes hadn't burned. 500 degrees is not necessary. I didn't even bake it the full 45 minutes. The oven was so hot that I shut it off before I added the chicken and toppings and they still were done in 9 minutes. I'll make this again but I'll be baking it at 375.
No, 500 degrees is not a typo, as several people have asked in the Q & A forum. See original recipe at http://www.quickneasyrecipes.net/loaded-baked-potato-chicken-casserole/
Awesome! I made it the first time like the directions said and some of the potatoes burnt (I have a strong oven though) tonight I decided to make it again but in the crockpot! I just mixed the "sauce" and put in the potatoes like it said, added those to the bottom of the crockpot, added a bit of olive oil to the remaining sauce, mixed in the chicken, and layer it on top of the potatoes. Set on low for a few hours and high for the last 1-2 hours. Delish!! Oh, and we didn't use hot sauce, due to the little one :) Love this!