Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sounds really good, it's from the Southern Living December '07 issue! I can't wait to try it. I think I will make my own mashed potatoes instead of frozen ones. Posting here so I won't lose the recipe!
- 1 (22 ounce) packagefrozen mashed potatoes
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) container garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 slices cooked bacon, slices crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garnish with chopped fresh chives
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir in spreadable cheese and next 4 ingredients; stir until blended. Spread mixture on bottom of a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish; top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish if desired.
Excellent. I used leftover mashed potatoes and did everything just as the recipe stated. It was fantastic. I'll be making this again.
This came out very good. I made my own mashed potatoes to use in the recipe. They became very creamy and flavorful in this dish. Thanks!
Very enjoyable recipe. Easy to make ahead and then bake. Thank you!