Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was in a flyer that came with our newspaper, and I made it for our Church thanksgiving dinner. Delicious! It can be found at HungryJack.com. Just in time for a Christmas side dish!
- crisco original nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) canspet evaporated milk
- 2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (5 ounce) boxeshungry jack instant mashed potatoes with bacon and cheddar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preparation Directions:.
- HEAT oven to 350°F Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE evaporated milk, water, butter, potato slices and sauce mix in a 5-quart pot. Cook over medium heat, just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and chives or green onions. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.