Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy!! This is a nice way to jazz up a box of potatoes au gratin. From the Betty Crocker website.
- 141.74 g box Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 29.58 ml butter
- 6 slice bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs (I use panko)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F In 2-quart casserole, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half-and-half and butter. Stir in remaining potato ingredients.Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- In the meantime, combine bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture over potatoes. Bake 8 minutes longer or until topping is golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley to garnish.
- ***Variation: Instead of a breadcrumb topping in step 2, sprinkle some reserved bacon, cheddar and green onions on top!
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and got rave reviews. Everyone thought I had made it from scratch! Very easy to do. Add a little extra time to the bake though, it took about 15 minutes longer to get the potatoes nice and tender. This recipe is going in my Thanksgiving folder for good!