Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Super easy, very good
- 1 (5 ounce) box au gratin potato mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 oz) or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (4 medium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In 2-quart casserole, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half-and-half and butter.
- Stir in bacon, cheese, onions and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 8 minutes longer or until topping is golden.