Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
My fave Chinese restaurant has the BEST lo mein I ever put across my lips. It's simple, cheap, and very filling if you need that kinda dish. This can be made for literally pennies and everyone will appreciate this because it can be dressed up or dressed down. Cook and prep times approximate.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, any kind, because you won't need the packet
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the jar kind to save time)
- sesame oil (1-2 shakes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 baby carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- Break noodles and boil in water for three minutes. Do not add seasoning packet. Drain when done and set aside in serving bowl.
- Immediately return pot to stove over med. heat. Add oils, soy sauce, carrots, garlic, onion, and peanut butter. Stir well and let cook for just a few seconds with a fork.
- Toss noodles back in and stir to coat; make sure noodles are well-coated and blended well with the garlic and veggies. Return to serving bowl and enjoy!
This was easy and tasted great. Thank you so much for posting!
What a great recipe--my boyfriend and I both loved it! I took your advise and added extra vegetables and some egg, it turned out great. Thank you!!!
Quick and easy!