Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From "Cooking with Mickey" Volume II. This recipe is from the Coral Isle Cafe in Disney's Polynesian Resort.
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups lo mein noodles, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a 10-inch skillet for about 10 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add diced onions and spices.
- Saute for 3 to 5 minutes and add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place 1 cup of cooked lo mein noodles in a bowl. Top with half the chili and garnish top with sliced scallions and grated cheese.
I was looking for a recipe to use the rest of my ground beef I had and was really surprised with this recipe! Really tasty if you can handle spicy food, cause this one is pretty spicy. I will be making this one again! Thanks!