Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the cookbook by Sharron Long, "Extreme Lo-Carb Meals on the Go", who reports this at "0 Effective Carbs" . I put this on boneless/skinless chicken thighs, dipped in egg then fried. WOW! They were a crispy golden brown - my husband ate his as a sandwich - mine was alone, with a green vegetable on the side. Fantastic! The author recommends experimenting with various salad dressing mixes, I'll try Italian next.
- 2 cups pork rinds, crushed
- 2 (1 ounce) packets ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup soy protein isolate
- Combine the ingredients and place them into an airtight container. Sore the mix for up to 1 months.
- When ready to use the mix, place the desired amount of mix and meat into a large plastic bag & shake until the meat is well coated. Bake the meat at 400 degrees until desired doneness is reached, about 10 minutes for nuggets and up to 20 or 30 minutes for chops.