Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you are following a lo-carb diet, this recipe is a definite keeper! These chicken wings are crispy, tart, carmelized and yummy. The recipe calls for 12 chicken wings, but I've used many more than that, as the marinade goes a long way. Just marinate 4-24 hours before baking.
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- Rinse chicken wings and dry with paper towels. Cut each chicken wing in half and place in large resealable gallon plastic bag.
- Add remaining ingredients to chicken wings. Turn bag to coat the wings. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionallly.
- Heat oven to 375 degees. Drain chicken wings, reserving marinade, and place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until chicken browns, occasionally basting with reserved marinade. Discard remaining marinade.