1/4 Photos of Ll's Favorite Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 30 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This is my own personal recipe that we have loved for years. I just never got around to writing it down in recipe form. I have also used 1 pkg. Lawry's fajita marinade instead of the rub. The tortillas could be steamed in a steamer in stead of being fried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup Mexican seasoning (Mexican Seasoning Mix , I used the whole recipe minus the red peppers)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely (optional)
- 24 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lbs cheese, grated (I use mexican combination or monterey jack)
- 28 ounces red enchilada sauce (I use mild or use medium if you like things hotter, I use El Pato brand)
- 24 ounces sour cream (I have used regular and low-fat)
- oil for frying tortilla
- 1This recipe uses 2 13x9 pans. 12 enchiladas per pan.
- 2Bake at 350F for 35 minutes total.
- 3Put the rub on the chicken. (or marinate the chicken breasts for 30 minutes.).
- 4Cook the breasts on broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- 5Let the breasts cool for 15 minutes.
- 6Chop the chicken breasts finely. Set aside.
- 7If using onions add them to chicken .
- 8Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in large saucepan. Heat on low.
- 9Soften tortillas on both sides in oil, or steam. I drain torillas on paper towels until used.
- 10Put 4 serving spoons of sauce in the bottom of pan.
- 11Dip tortilla into sauce mixture on both sides of tortilla.
- 12Put tortilla in pan, add 1 heaping serving spoon chicken and then cheese into tortilla.
- 13Wrap up and proceed with the next 11 tortillas.
- 14Set this pan aside and proceed with the rest of enchiladas in other pan.
- 15Divide the leftover sauce over the the enchiladas in both pans.
- 16Spread the last 8 oz. of grated cheese between the 2 pans. I use approximately 8 oz cheese per pan.
- 17Cover with foil. At this point I refrigerate one pan for later in the week.
- 18Bake pan for 20 minutes , then remove foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- 19Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes.
- 20Serve with guacamole.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ll's Favorite Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.0
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.8 mg
- Sodium 1858.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: