Llapingachos are potato patties filled with cheese, then sauteed to a golden brown for an appetizer or snack in Ecuador. If your not in a hurry they will fry better if the patties are chilled for about 45 mins before frying. When fried warm they will be ok but will sloppier and not hold together quite as well
- Boil the potatoes and mash, or use leftover mashed potatoes.
- Saute the onion in oil until very soft, mix the cooked onions and the egg yolk in with potatoes,.
- Shape the potato mixture into equal sized balls.
- Poke a hole in each ball and stuff with the cheese, then seal the hole. Flatten into patties.
- They work better when chilled before sauteing in oil until nicely browned.
- The cheese may also be mixed in with the potato and onion mixture before the patties are made.
- Haga un refrito con la cebolla y el aceite.
- Haga hervir las papas con sal y cuando esten suaves aplstelas hasta formar un pure Agrege a la papa el refrito y con estas haga bolitas.
- Haga un hueco en las bolitas y en el meta el queso, cierrelos hasta que tomen la forma de unas gruesas tortillas.
- Pongalos en un sarten hasta que doren.
ok i loved these but mr picky says they are too much like his moms ??? i loved the cheese in them and per k-9 review add no milk fast side dish for breakfast cakepops on parade south american leg of quest
We really enjoyed these potato cakes. I added some parsley flakes for color and had to use a bit more flour. I appreciate your time in submitting the recipe in both languages. Thank you.
Excellent side dish! Its very important not to add butter or milk to the potatoes - the patties will just flatten. I used skins on Red potates, cooked them in broth and some garlic. I made them about 1" thick and chilled them for the stated 45 minutes before pan frying. I thought they held up well but you do need to be careful turning them. The cheese was a fun 'surprise'. Thanks for posting!
Made for Food.Commandoes ~ ZWT 7