1 hr 5 mins
Pete Flannery #2's Note:
A delicious nut roast that will appeal to all. For the strictest vegetarians and vegans I suggest omit the egg and try "Redwoods ‘Super Melting Cheezly" in place of Cheddar and Life Vegetarian Worcester Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop up the nuts in a processor or blender to a coarse, even, consistency.
- 2Do likewise with the bread to produce coarse breadcrumbs.
- 3Finely chop the onion and garlic, then sauté in the butter until softened and slightly coloured.
- 4Add the Nuts, Breadcrumbs Cheese and Onion to a large mixing bowl and mix gently.
- 5Keep back a little cheese for topping.
- 6Make up the Stock and add the Herbs, Mustard, Marmite and Worcester sauce.
- 7Sparingly add the stock mix to the other ingredients. The mixture wants to be stiff and you can always add more stock or water later.
- 8Break an egg into the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- 9Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- 10Transfer the mixture into the lined tin and compress it.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
- 12Cover with foil, pierce the foil to allow moisture to escape.
- 13Bake in a medium oven for 45 minutes; remove the foil for the last ten to brown the top.
- 14You can serve straight away but it will be very crumbly. It will slice better when cold and is delicious whether served cold or re-heated in the oven or microwave.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lizzy's Nut Roast
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2512.3
- Calories from Fat 1921
- Total Fat 213.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 2900.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.1 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 77.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard