1/1 Photo of Lizz's Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This is a variation of a recipe of a dish my friend Lizz from N.J. made often. It is a simple and delicious chicken pot pie. I added a choice of 3 different topping crusts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts, for bottom (optional)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can Veg-All, drained (mixed vegetables)
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken, cubed (leftovers or 1 large can chunk chicken, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough (optional)
Pie crust topping
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F In medium bowl, mix filling ingredients and then pour into bottom pie crust (if using). Select your topping, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 2BISQUICK TOPPING: Mix milk, egg, and bisquick in a small bowl. Spread out over chicken mixture. (or the second pie crust if prefered).
- 3TWISTED TOPPING: Unroll and separate the breadsticks. Place 6 of the breadsticks across the pie plate over the sausage mixture, twisting each one and spacing evenly. Place the remaining 6 breadsticks over the first in the opposite direction, creating a lattice pattern. Trim ends if needed.
- 4TWO CRUST TOPPING: Place 2nd pie crust over top of filling, tucking the edges under the bottom crust and flute them together. Cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lizz's Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 421.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup