Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
My late MIL had a recipe for everything! Her meat tenderizer is delicious on everything from flank steak to chuck roast. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- Place meat in a zipper bag.
- Pour marinade into bag and zip.
- Shake a few times to mix and then refrigerate overnight.
- Before cooking, remove meat from marinade.
I've never had so many compliments on any roast, let alone a chuck roast. Thank you Lizzie!