Recipe by Helping Hands
This is a delicious variation of tortilla soup that I got from my wonderful sister, Liz (and then slighly modified)! The secret is the green enchilada sauce - it makes for a nice hot and spicy soup! Enjoy!
- 3 chicken fillets
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (19 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet fajita seasoning mix
- shredded monterey jack cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- sliced avocado
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub chicken fillets with fajita seasoning mix.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown each side.
- Remove from skillet and allow to cool.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add 1 Tbs olive oil to skillet and saute onions, garlic, and green chiles.
- Move to large saucepan.
- Add enchilada sauce, chicken broth, Mexi-Corn, and chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Top with cheese, crumpled tortilla chips, and sliced avocado.