1/1 Photo of Liz's Spicy Chicken and Green Chile Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
This is a delicious variation of tortilla soup that I got from my wonderful sister, Liz (and then slighly modified)! The secret is the green enchilada sauce - it makes for a nice hot and spicy soup! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken fillets
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (19 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet fajita seasoning mix
- shredded monterey jack cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- sliced avocado
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Rub chicken fillets with fajita seasoning mix.
- 2Place chicken in skillet and brown each side.
- 3Remove from skillet and allow to cool.
- 4Cut into bite-size pieces.
- 5Add 1 Tbs olive oil to skillet and saute onions, garlic, and green chiles.
- 6Move to large saucepan.
- 7Add enchilada sauce, chicken broth, Mexi-Corn, and chicken.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- 10Allow to simmer for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- 11Top with cheese, crumpled tortilla chips, and sliced avocado.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liz's Spicy Chicken and Green Chile Soup
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1201.8
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3259.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix