Recipe by Oolala
No idea who Liz is! This was posted in Newsday and it sounds different with dried cranberries, red wine vinegar, blue cheese, walnuts and Spanish onion. The portabello mushrooms are either broiled or grilled. It would be nice for Thanksgiving (if you don't have any nut allergic guests).
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 3 portabella mushrooms
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, drain and stem spinach; dry thoroughly and place in a large bowl.
- In broiler or barbecue, grill portobello mushrooms.
- Cut them into bite size cubes and add to the spinach.
- Add onion, cranberries and walnuts.
- Toss salad, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dress with olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste, and toss again.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and serve.