No idea who Liz is! This was posted in Newsday and it sounds different with dried cranberries, red wine vinegar, blue cheese, walnuts and Spanish onion. The portabello mushrooms are either broiled or grilled. It would be nice for Thanksgiving (if you don't have any nut allergic guests).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, drain and stem spinach; dry thoroughly and place in a large bowl.
- 2In broiler or barbecue, grill portobello mushrooms.
- 3Cut them into bite size cubes and add to the spinach.
- 4Add onion, cranberries and walnuts.
- 5Toss salad, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6Dress with olive oil and red wine vinegar, to taste, and toss again.
- 7Top with crumbled blue cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liz's Special Spinach Salad (With Portabellas)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.7
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 861.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 18.3 g