Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I enjoy going to the grocery store, buying a product that I enjoy and finding a way to make it homemade and less expensive. Sometimes being on a tight budget does not mean you have to sacrifice the quality of the food you cook. I don't cook gourmet or better all the time but sometimes simple things can really turn a simple meal into something better. You can use fresh herbs if you prefer but I just use the Herbs I have handy in my herb rack. This garlic herb recipe is something I just tried one day for kicks and now I love it. I'm never buying it in a store again and hopefully you will love it too. This garlic herb butter goes wonderfully with ANYTHING. Use it with rice, meats, potatoes, and vegetables. Enjoy!
- Make sure that your butter is softened. NOT MELTED.
- Put all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat it until everything is mixed well and incorporated. Your butter will probably be a little creamy.
- Scrape the bowl and put your garlic butter in a container that has a lid and close the lid completely to make sure that no outside air will come inches
- Stick your dish in either the fridge or your freezer.
- I like to make this butter a day in advance so all of the ingredients can hang out. You don't have to let it sit if you need to use it immediately.
- NOTE : Keep in mind that a little will go a long way.
Very easily prepared and full of flavour, this was a super recipe to make up and store in the frdge to be used in all manner of dishes! My daughter actually made this, and was very excited to discover how easy it is to make a great-tasting butter! Thank you Elizabeth, this great recipe was made for PAC Fall 2011
Great flavors in this butter, Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I used the butter on a turkey breast before grilling and the results were a moist, herby tasting turkey that we all enjoyed! Made and reviewed for 2009 Fall PAC.