1/3 Photos of Liza's Apple Fritters
Can also can make Fried apple rings slice 1/8 inch thick dip into batter then fry. Try it with pears as well. Use Delicious Jonathan or Granny Smith Apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 apples, peeled, diced and patted thoroughly dry with paper towels
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in rum (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk (enough to make a thick pancake mixture) or 1/3-1/2 cup apple cider (enough to make a thick pancake mixture)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crisco or oil
- 1Heat oil to 350 degrees enough to deep fry the fritters.
- 2Mix dry ingredients of the batter. Toss the dried apples and raisins if using to batter.
- 3Mix wet ingredients together add to dry ingredients.
- 4Carefully drop spoonfuls into oil.
- 5Pressing to flatten.
- 6A flattened shape helps the interior cook through.
- 7Fry till golden brown 3-5 minutes.
- 8Roll into powdered sugar.
- 9Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liza's Apple Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 134.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g