Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soft, buttery, and flavorful. I started with another recipe, but the dough ended up a bit sticky for what I was looking for. I made a few changes, adding more flour and such, but after you make so many changes to a recipe it really isn't the same recipe. So, rather than leaving a review for the previous recipe, I'm entering my own. Note: I did not have regular milk on hand, so I used powdered in mine; Regular milk will work fine.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter or 4 -5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk all at once and mix till mixture follows fork around bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured board.
- Roll dough to approximately 1/2 inch, then fold in half.
- Roll out out to 1/2 inch again, and fold over again. Do this 4-5 times.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch one last time, then cut out biscuits using a biscuit cutter or glass - Mine were approx 3 inches - and place on parchment paper.
- Extra dough can be reformed and rolled back out to 1/2 inch, but they might not the same layered goodness.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy :).