1/1 Photo of Liv's Favourite Spring Rolls
1 hr 15 mins
Gluten Free Mama's Note:
These fabulous morsels can be fried or served cold and are a wonderful gluten free treat which I created after my daughter was diagnosed with celiac disease.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 rice paper sheets
- 680.38 g ground pork
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 chunk fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml hot pepper flakes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml water or 29.58 ml chicken stock
- 1Begin to brown ground pork in canola and sesame oil in skillet. Mix garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and cayenne pepper together to form a paste. Combine it through the pork as it is browning.
- 2Add carrot and green onions and keep cooking on medium heat for about three minutes.
- 3Add sugar and soy sauce - work it through well. Add water or chicken stock to moisten mixture a bit. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more water/stock. The mixture should not be too wet, but it needs a bit of moisture.
- 4Cover and let cook on low while covered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Put mixture in bowl and let cool in the fridge.
- 5When ready to fill rice wrappers, soak individually in warm water for 15 seconds and let sit on a clean, dry dish towel for 1 minute until soft.
- 6For cold rice wrappers, fill with meat mixture, cooked rice vermicelli noodles and a leaf of lettuce. Roll bottom side up over mixture; fold in both sides; then roll the rest of the way. Don't overfill.
- 7To fry, fill with meat and deep fry.
- 8Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liv's Favourite Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.3
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 612.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets