1/1 Photo of Livestrong Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This is the recipe that Lance Armstrong's mom used for the banana bread she fed him while he was growing up and racing. It's from her book No Mountain High Enough. As she describes this bread, "It is not just good, it's WAY good. It's forget your middle name good."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter, sugar, eggs, bananas and vanilla together into a lovely, ooey-gooey mess.
- 3Mix the buttermilk and soda together and add to the sweet, creamy banana mess.
- 4Gradually add the flour and salt and mix well.
- 5Add chopped nuts.
- 6Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for one hour or until center is cooked.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Livestrong Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3758.8
- Calories from Fat 1283
- Total Fat 142.6 g
- Saturated Fat 68.1 g
- Cholesterol 676.8 mg
- Sodium 4567.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 575.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 345.5 g
- Protein 61.9 g