Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an unusual but delicious salad given to me by a great little old Swedish lady whom I adore. If you're still eating organ meat (we do once in a great while), you'll find this surprisingly tasty.
- 1 cup diced liverwurst
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, torn into medium-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup salad vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine liverwurst, onion, celery, green pepper, lettuce and carrots in salad bowl.
- Chill mixture thoroughly.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar; shake vigorously.
- To serve, place vegetable and meat mixture in salad bowls.
- Pour dressng mixture into a small pitcher and pass to guests.
I used to eat as a young girl, It was good. Mom was Swedish & Dad German. Dressing used was Miracle Whip, Chili Sauce and creamy Horseradish sauce mixed together and pepper. I wish I could eat now but I can't.If you like the taste of liver & onions try this, it is good.!