Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the archives of the Underwood (potted meat) test kitchens. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds incredibly easy.
- 10 ounces liverwurst or 2 (4 3/4 ounce) cans liverwurst spread
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (Hormel jarred real bacon bits would be perfect)
- Blend the soy sauce and brown sugar into the liverwurst.
- Add the water chestnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Spread on buttery crackers (should make about 30) or buttered toast rounds and sprinkle the tops with the crumbled bacon.
This is a classic and is very tasty. It's great when you want rumaki but this is easier and less messy. I add a bit of ginger to make it more like real rumaki.