Recipe by Bob Crouch
This hors d'oeuvre is embarrassingly simple to make and I am always asked to bring it to gatherings. It makes people think I am a great cook! Easy and good!
- 1 lb liverwurst
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried basil (you can add more depending on your taste)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened in microwave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pumpernickel rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, knead together liverwurst, garlic powder, basil and green onion.
- Place on serving tray and form into mound or square.
- Mix softened cream cheese, garlic powder, hot sauce and mayonnaise and frost the liverwurst stuff.
- Garnish with something appropriate to the occasion and serve with pumpernickel bread.