Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This hors d'oeuvre is embarrassingly simple to make and I am always asked to bring it to gatherings. It makes people think I am a great cook! Easy and good!
- 1 lb liverwurst
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried basil (you can add more depending on your taste)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened in microwave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pumpernickel rounds
- In a medium bowl, knead together liverwurst, garlic powder, basil and green onion.
- Place on serving tray and form into mound or square.
- Mix softened cream cheese, garlic powder, hot sauce and mayonnaise and frost the liverwurst stuff.
- Garnish with something appropriate to the occasion and serve with pumpernickel bread.
Wow! This stuff is excellent. I served it at a cocktail party, and it was a real hit. Very EZ to make.
I liked this too... and it was quick and easy to make. Some of our guest liked it better than others, so the rating was divided between 3 and 4... as usual I allow for personal tastes and give the higher of the two ratings when our votes are divided. I didn't have pumpernickle bread so served it with bread and crackers... Thanks for a lovely recipe :)
This is going to work for me. I am going to play around with this for my taste but it is great as is.