Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is an Indonesian recipe, easy to cook and tastes great.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3⁄4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs liver
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a lage pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon rind, garlic,chilli, pepper and the spices, cook for 3 minutes.
- Fry the liver on both sides in the spice mixture, crumble in the beef stock cube and stir in the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Love this recipe. Very simple, quick and delicious (see my pic)